RAPTOR is Free!RAPTOR is freely distributed as a service to the CS education community. RAPTOR was originally developed by and for the US Air Force Academy, Department of Computer Science, but its use has spread and RAPTOR is now used for CS education in over 17 countries on at least 4 continents.RAPTOR is free software.
- Input and Output dialogs no longer have radios to select text vs. expression. This seemed more confusing than helpful. Now all prompts/outputs are expressions. Be sure to use "" (quotation marks).
- Set_Precision(digits) allows you to specify how many digits of precision will be in an output. Set_Precision(2) is useful for currency. Set_Precision(-1) returns to the default floating precision (4 significant figures).
- Redirect_Output_Append allows you to redirect output to a file, appending the data on the end.
- Current_Year, Current_Month, Current_Day, Current_Hour, Current_Minute, Current_Second, Current_Millisecond -- new time functions
- Current_Time -- returns the number of milliseconds since January 1, 1990 (midnight